Host

Here's a section where we can collect the definitions of terms people use in relation to DID/MPD, both the official ones and the different ways we use the terms.

Host

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 pm

How do you define the word "host"? What does it mean to be a host?
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Host

Postby Battle_Weary on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm

We don't like the term "host"...to us it implies the presence of parasites!

That said, we understand that many systems define host to mean the one that presents most and is usually somehow tied to the original or is in fact the original. Our original is asleep and we chose one to take her place at age 3. For decades that one was the "host". As we became more aware, we changed to a host-less system where everyone comes and goes as they please (when safe). Everyone within the castle that is.
I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here.
Battle_Weary
posts some more
posts some more

why_joining1: I'm a joiner? hehe...that is seriously far from the truth! But seriously...I think tis type of forum is an outstanding idea and welcome the chance to learn from others, share ideas, and maybe create something useful.
nospam: I am not a spammer and I will not post spam.

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:13 pm

I kind of agree with BattleWeary on not liking the term "host." But for us, it's because it implies one person whose "house" it is, and a bunch of people who are there at the host's pleasure.

Maybe we could change the word to "Hostess" and then it would make me think of preservative-laden sweets.

But seriously, and in terms of DID/MPD:

I think that "host" isn't necessarily the "birth" one, but is the one who is mostly in charge; part of what I don't like with the term is that it often seems to go along with the notion that the host is the "real" one, and other parts are just fragments who should get absorbed into the host.

I've heard someone define "host" as "the one who first seeks therapy." That's an interesting definition to ponder.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Postby panzymoon on Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm

We think of it as driving....we jokingly say "We are driving the Panzy short bus" but in truth it is a lot like driving. , Currently Gia of my (our)crew is driving and she will (I will) be a lot of our frontswomen. To be out is to be responsible for the body and soul....not all of us follow this rule and some are abusive, but we are trying :angel6: Want to say hello to every one here and hope that we can all help each other down the road.

Gia/Panzymoon
panzymoon

why_joining1: I am a multiple having trouble coping. I have other mental problems and this is making the journey to healing difficult. I would like to join to see what help you offer and what help I can offer in return. Thanks
nospam: I am not a spammer and I will not post spam.

Postby doodles77 on Sat May 09, 2009 4:26 pm

:eek: we don't like the term because it tendas to set one apart from the rest . and this is difficult to the one who has been given this kind of designated spot . made her feel like she wasn't just one of the gang and that she had higher expectations . now we have diffrent levels of authority but are earned and can be lost by acting out .

we have found by giveing folks the oppertunity to earn rank not just be said you are the host ... gives motivation to try to earn a reward for doing things others may not like to do ... that a host isn't supposed to be diffrent or set apart . then they would feel may feel like they can't simply join into fun stuff ect ... because they are "diffrent"
healing might seem so slow --- yet worth all the effort
doodles77
even more posts!
even more posts!

Return to Terms and Definitions