[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
The DID/MPD Workbook • View topic - Positive coming out experiences--Friends, family

Positive coming out experiences--Friends, family

I thought this would be a good section for people to share ideas about coming out: how to decide whether to do it, how to tell people, what has worked for us, and what hasn't.

Positive coming out experiences--Friends, family

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:11 pm

I've been thinking a lot about what it is that makes a coming out experience work. I hear from other people about how negative their experience was when they told someone else they were multiple, and it makes me wonder whether I've just been lucky, or whether there was something I did that made it "work" when I came out.

So I figured I would open this up to everyone, since I know that lots of people have had at least *some* good experiences with telling people they are multiple.

This topic is specific to telling friends and family members ("chosen" family or birth family) that you are multiple; and it's specific to thinking through what worked and why.

It would be nice if we could collect our experiences, and find ways to make it easier for people to have a positive experience with telling someone else they are multiple!
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Positive coming out experiences--Friends, family

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:20 pm

Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Return to Coming Out