Co-Conscious

Here's a section where we can collect the definitions of terms people use in relation to DID/MPD, both the official ones and the different ways we use the terms.

Co-Conscious

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:52 pm

What does the word "co-conscious" mean? How do you understand it?
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Co-Conscious

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:33 pm

I define "co-conscious" as a state where two or more parts are simultaneously at the "front," and are communicating with each other, maybe even cooperating to get a task done.

An example is when a young part has an art project in mind, but asks an older part to do the work, as the younger one describes what they want.

Another example is when an older part is driving the car, but a younger part is riding along and making conversation.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Co-Conscious

Postby Battle_Weary on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:55 pm

We see co conscious slightly differently. For us, co conscious means two or more parts are aware of what each other is doing or saying, but they are not necessarily both at the front. For example, I am aware that right now one of our littles really wants to be out coloring and she is mad at me because I am out posting when we are supposed to be writing a paper. She thinks it isn't fair that she can't color because of the paper, but I can go "play" on a web board. This little one is in another area of our castle, but I am aware of her and what she is feeling, we are co conscious. Incidentally, she is right about it not being fair!
I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me here.
Battle_Weary
posts some more
posts some more

why_joining1: I'm a joiner? hehe...that is seriously far from the truth! But seriously...I think tis type of forum is an outstanding idea and welcome the chance to learn from others, share ideas, and maybe create something useful.
nospam: I am not a spammer and I will not post spam.

Return to Terms and Definitions