Writing Exercise: Coming Out as a Multiple (1)

I thought this would be a good section for people to share ideas about coming out: how to decide whether to do it, how to tell people, what has worked for us, and what hasn't.

Writing Exercise: Coming Out as a Multiple (1)

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Write about your thoughts about coming out to other people as a multiple.

What emotions do you experience when you think about coming out?

Which people do you think about telling you are multiple?

What do you expect will happen if you tell someone you are multiple?

You can post your response in this thread if you like. You can also post a variation on this exercise that you think will be easier to write about (you don't have to post your answers even if you post the question!)
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Writing Exercise: Coming Out as a Multiple (1)

Postby TenderSpirit on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 am

What emotions do you experience when you think about coming out?
Some emotions that I have experienced with the thought of coming out as being multiple is:

FEAR: of being ridiculed,

SADNESS: in that this I always that that I had to do by myself and could not tell anyone about

RELIEF: Finally an understanding of all the voice in my head and being able to identify them

JOY: Being able to hold onto the most sacred people in my life whic h are my Inner Beings that helped me survive my life's journey

ANGER and RAGE:

Which people do you think about telling you are multiple?

Usually no one because there are not many people in my life to tell. I have one Dear Friend that helped me come to a place of admitting that I have an angry inner being and evil inner being amoungse the rest that I already knew I had.

What do you expect will happen if you tell someone you are multiple?

Being told I am crazy, that I am not all together, that I they already knew I was not quiet right. I fear being laughed at, or rejected.

Thanks for letting me Share!

TenderSpirit
TenderSpirit

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:30 am

Thanks for sharing! :kidsmile:
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Postby doodles77 on Sat May 09, 2009 4:46 pm

not sure this is the best place to put this

we came out many years ago . we got tired of trying to hide it yet trying to explain it in terms that wouldn't scare people . we ciould see that the inconsistant behaviors and being diffrent at diffrent times was really bothering other people and made it difficult to keep friends . so we decided to risk telling people and hope that some could accept us as an us person .

some people simply can't understand it and can';t accept it . it hurts but if you allow for time to work in their thots then after awhile they may change how they think about it . we don't tell everyone ... and most people we do tell are not upset or think less of us .. not that we are strange and whako. most think we are unique and interesting . that we had a tough life but we seem to be pretty normal .... once they start to get to know some of the others ....

but it's really important that each of us who has d. i. d. is really ready to come out and take this risk . it's pretty much being so over exposed that you might not know how to deal with it . so try it with a very accepting friend first .. also those in your system who arn't ready to let others see them let them sit inside and watch and learn from those who are able to risk comming out ...
healing might seem so slow --- yet worth all the effort
doodles77
even more posts!
even more posts!

Return to Coming Out