Journal prompts

This section is for giving advice on journaling. What are some tricks that worked for you? What are some journal prompts that aided communication? Maybe also offer some suggestions about different ways systems can use journaling for communication.
Forum rules
All of the usual rules apply. Please remember: this forum is not for keeping your personal journal. It's for offering advice about different methods of keeping a journal, and for giving prompts for writing journal entries. And remember this forum is public, so anything you write here can be seen by anyone who finds the website, whether or not they are a member.

Journal prompts

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:19 pm

I don't know about others reading this, but I know that often, many parts in my system don't do well with journaling when we're facing a blank piece of paper, without something to start writing about. This means that our journals tend to get used quite often in a crisis, and not that often when there isn't something wrong. So I'm starting this thread, where people can write down some helpful prompts for writing. You can also start your own thread as well.

Please remember--this section isn't for answering the prompts, it's just for suggesting them. From there, people can take the prompts to their own blogs or journals, or they can just think about them, or whatever they want.
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Journal prompts

Postby JigsawAnalogy on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:20 pm

I'll start with a journal prompt, as an example:

Each part should take a turn to list one thing they *like* to do. Say who you are (or give some indication of who you are). No part should comment negatively on the things that other parts like to do!!
Who says there is anything wrong with being crazy, anyhow?
JigsawAnalogy
Site Admin

Re: Journal prompts

Postby doodles77 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:38 pm

for us we have some basic rules ... alot like posting at a blog site . no flameing no other stuff that would hurt anyone else .

then keeping more than one journal ... so if one isn't ready to journal deep stuff there will be other journals they can use .

then the teens came up with a system of ... don't need to sign your name simply put a symbol at the start of your entry and then someone else puts a symbol down and end up with a conversation in a journal style ... helps to develop internal communications .

imagine a person you would like to talk to and tell them things . this is in a letter style but you simply don't send them .

for major issues there should be a couple of restricted by age and issues . our journals are probibly the biggest part of our healing . it helps to put things outside of the head . then whom ever can keep it seal it in an envalope rip it to shreads or whatever ...

and there can be a journal where there is a list of possible journal topics ... i'm a list maker ... i keep a notebook for humor jokes cartoon ideas and another for arts and crafts ideas .... this is a big help sense forgot it oh and it was such a good idea too . happens alot
healing might seem so slow --- yet worth all the effort
doodles77
even more posts!
even more posts!

Return to Journaling